Friday, May 22, 2026

, , ,

Hyunjin leaves LATENCY just two months after debut due to health issues… “My heart feels heavy”

SOURCE: 현진, 건강 문제로 데뷔 2개월 만에 레이턴시 탈퇴 "마음 무거워"

LATENCY's Hyunjin is leaving the group only two months after debut due to health reasons. Along with this, her exclusive contract with the agency will also come to an end.

On the 22nd, LATENCY's agency, Oddinary Records, announced through the group’s official fan community, "Hyunjin recently held in-depth discussions regarding her future activities due to health reasons. Respecting her wishes, we agreed to terminate her exclusive contract."

The agency continued, "As this decision was made carefully after sufficient mutual discussion between both parties, we ask that people refrain from spreading unconfirmed speculation or misunderstandings," adding, "We sincerely apologize for causing concern to fans with this sudden news, and we will do our best so that LATENCY can continue to repay fans with good performances and music in the future."

Hyunjin also shared a handwritten letter on the fan community platform to express her feelings about leaving the group. She said, "I always wanted to show only the best sides of myself on stage, so my heart feels very heavy having to greet you through a letter like this," adding, "After thinking deeply for a long time recently, I decided to conclude my activities with LATENCY and also terminate my exclusive contract."

She continued, "While continuing activities, I became physically exhausted and struggled a lot health-wise, and I came to the conclusion that right now, I need some time to take care of myself," adding, "Because this was not an easy decision to make, I feel even more cautious and deeply sorry toward those who supported me."

Hyunjin also said, "Even so, I am sincerely grateful to everyone who believed in me, supported me, and stayed with me through every moment until now. Thanks to the fans, I was able to make many happy memories. Please continue to give lots of support to the members of LATENCY in the future. I will also work hard to stay healthy and live well.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin originally debuted in 2018 as a member of LOONA. After the group began heading toward disbandment following an exclusive contract dispute in 2023, she redebuted in 2024 as part of LOOSSEMBLE. However, after her contract with the agency ended in 2024, she made her third debut with LATENCY. Due to health issues, she is once again leaving a team just over two months after officially debuting. 

Continue reading Hyunjin leaves LATENCY just two months after debut due to health issues… “My heart feels heavy”
, ,

'Teen Top's ex- member' Bang Minsoo parts ways with agency… “Unrelated to idol union or political activities”

SOURCE: '틴탑 출신' 방민수, 소속사와 계약만료…"아이돌 노조·정치 활동과 무관" [공식]

Former Teen Top member Bang Minsoo has ended his contract with his agency.

On the 22nd, Air Global Castle stated, "Our exclusive contract with Bang Minsoo had already ended last November," adding, "The contract termination was decided through mutual agreement."

The agency continued, "Our company is completely unrelated to Bang Minsoo's efforts to establish an idol labor union or his political activities," and added, "We ask that people refrain from unconfirmed speculation or exaggerated interpretations."

Bang Minsoo debuted in 2010 as a member of Teen Top and gained public recognition. After leaving the group, he signed an exclusive contract with Air Global Castle (formerly Modern Berry Korea) and pursued personal activities in various fields outside of the entertainment industry, including promoting the establishment of an idol labor union.

The Idol Labor Union Preparatory Committee is an organization created to protect the rights and interests of popular culture artists, including idols. It submitted its establishment report to the Seongnam branch of the Ministry of Employment and Labor in September of last year.

Continue reading 'Teen Top's ex- member' Bang Minsoo parts ways with agency… “Unrelated to idol union or political activities”
, , , ,

'Goblin' stars Gong Yoo, Lee Dongwook, Kim Goeun, and Yoo In-na reunite after 10 years … “It feels surreal”

SOURCE: '도깨비' 공유·이동욱·김고은·유인나, 10년 만에 모였다…"기분 이상해"

The drama 'Goblin' is returning to viewers once again to mark the 10th anniversary of its broadcast.

On the 22nd, the production team of tvN’s new variety show 'Goblin 10th Anniversary Journey' unveiled its first teaser video, raising anticipation. The program was planned as part of tvN’s 20th anniversary project and is set to premiere on July 4 at 9.10 PM (KST).

In particular, the special show reunites the original cast members Gong Yoo, Lee Dongwook, Kim Goeun, and Yoo In-na in one place for the first time in a decade. The four stars will go on a nostalgic trip to Gangneung, one of the drama's signature filming locations, to revisit memories and share various behind-the-scenes stories from the drama. 

The released teaser featured Jumunjin Breakwater, which is the famous filming location of one of the drama's most iconic scenes, bringing back a wave of nostalgia. It was the place where Ji Euntak (played by Kim Goeun) first summoned Goblin Kim Shin (played by Gong Yoo), making it a spot that left a deep impression on fans. The teaser also included symbolic elements from the series such as the hit OST 'Beautiful,' the red scarf, and buckwheat flowers, further stirring up viewers' emotions. 

The actors also candidly shared their feelings about returning to the location. Gong Yoo expressed his excitement by saying, "Let’s have fun and play hard today," while Kim Goeun smiled brightly and said, "I'm here again after 10 years." Lee Dongwook expressed his surprise, saying, "Has it already been 10 years since 'Goblin' aired?" while Yoo In-na shared, "It’s fascinating how this spot still looks exactly the same," showing her special affection for the drama.

In addition, Lee Dongwook and Yoo In-na recreated the chemistry of the beloved 'Peach Couple,' while Gong Yoo and Kim Goeun once again displayed their unchanging chemistry, warming viewers' hearts.. Gong Yoo said, "It feels strange," expressing overwhelming emotions, while Yoo In-na added, "I don’t think I’ll ever forget this."

First broadcast in 2016, 'Goblin' became a cultural phenomenon by being the first cable drama to surpass viewer ratings of 20%. Screenwriter Kim Eunsook’s delicate storytelling, director Lee Eungbok’s senstaional direction, the casts’ passionate performances, and the memorable OST all combined to make it a drama still considered by many to be 'the best drama ever.'

The production team stated, "Even after 10 years, this remains a project that brings nostalgia to many people, and viewers will once again be able to experience the emotions of that time along with the strong chemistry between the actors."

Continue reading 'Goblin' stars Gong Yoo, Lee Dongwook, Kim Goeun, and Yoo In-na reunite after 10 years … “It feels surreal”

Lee Dohyun returns to the big screen for the first time in two years since 'Exhuma'?… “Positively reviewing 'Viva La Vida'”

  

SOURCE: 이도현, ‘파묘’ 이후 2년 만 스크린 복귀하나…“‘우리 태양을 흔들자’ 긍정 검토” [공식]

Actor Lee Dohyun is currently reviewing an offer to star in the film 'Viva La Vida' as his next project.

On the 22nd, a representative from his agency, YH Entertainment, told Ilgan Sports, "Lee Dohyun received an offer to star in 'Viva La Vida' and is positively reviewing it."

'Viva La Vida' is based on the Chinese movie of the same name, which was released through Netflix in 2024. The story follows two strangers living with terminal illnesses as they meet and build a special bond, spending their remaining time searching for the meaning of life and true love.

If he confirms his appearance, it would mark Lee Dohyun's return to the big screen after around two years since the 2024 box office hit 'Exhuma,' which surpassed 10 million viewers.

Meanwhile, Lee Dohyun completed his military service in May last year and recently finished filming the Netflix series 'Grand Galaxy Hotel.'

Continue reading Lee Dohyun returns to the big screen for the first time in two years since 'Exhuma'?… “Positively reviewing 'Viva La Vida'”
,

Park Eunbin: "It would be hard to do 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo 2' unless I can fully convince myself"

SOURCE: ‘원더풀스’ 박은빈 “‘우영우2’, 스스로 설득 안되면 출연 어려울 듯” [인터뷰②]

Actress Park Eunbin shared her thoughts on the possibility of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' Season 2.

On the 22nd, an interview with Park Eunbin, who stars in the Netflix's 'The Wonderfools,' took place at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul.

In 'The Wonderfools,' Park Eunbin reunited with director Yoo Inshik after previously working together on 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.'

Regarding this, Park Eunbin said, "I first met him through 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.' He became a director I genuinely respect. He's also an incredibly kind person." She added, "Back then, we communicated purely as an actor and director, but now there are moments when I want to seek advice from him as a wise adult." She continued, "Since we've spent a long time communicating personally, I feel like I've gained a truly meaningful mentor in my life."

When asked how she would respond if director Yoo Inshik suggested Season 2 of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo,' she answered, "'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' is a project that I love and cherish deeply. Therefore, I want to protect it just as much. I think there needs to be a very clear answer to the question, 'What is this new season for?' for me to feel motivated to continue." She continued, "If I can’t fully convince myself, I think it would honestly be difficult. Just as much as I treasure this project, I believe the writer and director probably feel the same way as well."

Released on the 15th, 'The Wonderfools' tells the story of four residents of Haeseong City who unexpectedly gain superpowers at the end of 1999. The drama follows these ordinary people as they fight against villains threatening the peace of their town after obtaining their unique abilities. Park Eunbin plays Eun Chaeni, the granddaughter of a famous local eatery in Haeseong City, who gains the power of teleportation

Continue reading Park Eunbin: "It would be hard to do 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo 2' unless I can fully convince myself"
,

Sulli’s older brother appears to take another jab at Kim Soohyun: “The moment you crawl back out, it’s round two.”

SOURCE: 故설리 친오빠, 또 김수현 저격했나 "다시 기어 나오는 순간 2차전이다"

The late Sulli's older brother, Mr. Choi, has once again uploaded a cryptic post online.

On the 21st, Sulli's brother wrote a targeted message on his account, "The moment you crawl back out again, it's round two. The choice is yours."

Although he did not directly mention who the post was aimed at, attention quickly focused on it because it was uploaded shortly after new reports involving Kim Soohyun surfaced that same day.

Previously, JoongAng Ilbo reported that the arrest warrant request submitted by the Seoul Gangnam Police Station stated the investigators concluded that the CEO of Garosero Research Institute, Kim Se-ui, had spread false information about Kim Soohyun for finanical purposes, including Youtube revenue.

Meanwhile, when an acquaintance asked Mr. Choi, "Who?" he replied, "That one bastard who came from the stars," which many interpreted as a reference to Kim Soohyun’s hit drama, SBS 'My Love from the Star.'

When another netizen commented, "But they said it was false claims," Mr. Choi responded, "My claims aren't false, tough?"

Previously, Mr. Choi repeatedly uploaded posts seemingly targeting Kim Soohyun while raising allegations that Sulli had been pressured into filming nude scenes during the production of the movie 'Real,' which she starred alongside Kim Soohyun.

In response, Kim Soohyun's agency, Gold Medalist, stated, "The script delivered to the late actress Choi Jinri (Sulli) and her agency at the time already included the bed scene, and the materials explaining the character of Song Yoohwa character also contained details regarding the level of exposure."

Mr. Choi later added, "Based on testimonies from several people, I had already heard days before your statement was posted that there was no coercion," but also requested, "If there truly were no issues during filming, then I demand you to transparently reveal why director Lee Jungsub stepped down midway through production."

However, Mr. Choi has also faced criticism for mentioning Sulli's colleagues in the entertainment industry and leaking parts of her private life in his series of revelations.

Continue reading Sulli’s older brother appears to take another jab at Kim Soohyun: “The moment you crawl back out, it’s round two.”

Thursday, May 21, 2026

'If you don’t shower, you don’t change your underwear?' ... Readers split over Choi Wooshik’s ‘underwear debate’

SOURCE: [MUSE PICK]“샤워 안 하면 팬티 안 갈아입는다?”‥최우식 ‘팬티 논쟁’ 독자들의 선택은

Choi Wooshiks remark, 'If I don't shower, I don’t change my underwear either,' has sparked a heated debate online, with more the public leaning more heavily toward the opposing side. 

The so-called 'underwear debate' surrounding Choi Wooshik, which first started on tvN’s 'Youth Over Flowers: Limited Edition,' continues to draw attention online.

In response, the Herald Muse website opened a 'MUSE PICK' poll on the 8th titled, "The endless Choi Wooshik underwear debate: Which side are you on?", allowing readers to cast their votes.

With a total of 140 participants so far, 65.7% (92 people) agreed with Park Seojoon and Jung Yumi stance that 'you must change your underwear whether you shower or not.' Meanwhile, 34.3% (48 people) supported Choi Wooshik’s opinion that 'if you don't shower, you don't change your underwear either.'

The debate originally began during the episode of  'Youth Over Flowers: Limited Edition' that aired on the 3rd. At the time, the three stars were traveling on a daily allowance of 100,000 KRWwhen the topic unexpectedly shifted to personal hygiene habits. Choi Wooshik explained, "I was told not to wash my hair for two days because of my perm, so I didn't shower," adding, "That's why I didn't change my underwear either," leaving Park Seojoon and Jung Yumi visibly shocked after hearing the confession.

In particular, when Choi Wooshik added, "Why would I change my underwear if I didn't shower?" the whole set froze and was thrown into shock.. After the episode aired, netizens were also divided, with reactions ranging from "I get his point" to "You should still change your underwear no matter what," turning it into an unexpectedly intense debate.

Meanwhile, the poll will remain open until 5 PM (KST) on the 22nd through the bottom tab of the Herald Muse website. Users can also participate directly through the 'Vote for My MUSE' section at the top of the homepage. 

Continue reading 'If you don’t shower, you don’t change your underwear?' ... Readers split over Choi Wooshik’s ‘underwear debate’