Tuesday, May 19, 2026

“I apologize, but I deny the charges”… Prosecutors seek 10 years in prison for a man in his 30s accused of robbing Nana’s home

SOURCE: "죄송하나 혐의 부인"…檢, '나나 자택 강도' 30대 징역 10년 구형

Prosecutors have requested a 10-year prison sentence for a man in his 30s who was put on trial for allegedly breaking into Nana's home, threatening her with a weapon, and demanding money.

On the 19th, the Namyangju branch of the Uijeongbu District Prosecutors’ Office requested a 10-year prison sentence during the final hearing for Kim (34), who is charged with robbery causing injury. The hearing was held by Criminal Division 1 of the Namyangju branch of the Uijeongbu District Court.

Prosecutors stated, "The defendant committed a crime by trespassing into a residence while carrying a weapon and threatening female victims, which requires severe punishment," adding, "The victims are suffering from psychological pain because he denies the charges and shows no remorse."

In his final statement, Kim denied the charges, saying, "I sincerely apologize to the victims and will never commit a crime again. I admit to the trespassing and attempted theft, but I did not commit robbery."

Kim was arrested and indicted on charges of breaking into Nana's home in Guri, Gyeonggi Province, at around 6 PM (KST) on November 15 last year while armed with a weapon. He allegedly threatened Nana and her mother by grabbing them by the neck and demanding money, even though the attempt ultimately failed.

Continue reading “I apologize, but I deny the charges”… Prosecutors seek 10 years in prison for a man in his 30s accused of robbing Nana’s home
, , , ,

Jeon Somi, when has she even dated? … IOI members exposed each other’s dating preferences: "Her ideal type is someone with a bad-boy vibe”

SOURCE: 전소미, 언제 연애해봤나..I.O.I 폭로 속출 “날티나는 상이 이상형”(‘짠한형’)

The members of IOI revealed each other’s preferences in men.

On the 18th, a video titled "IOI Jeon Somi, Choi Yoojung, Chungha, Yoo Yeonjung: Produce 101 stories after 10 years" was uploaded to the Youtube channel 'Zzanbro Shin Dongyup.' The members gathered to celebrate IOI's 10th debut anniversary and chatted with MC Shin Dongyup.

In the video, Jung Hocheol asked, "Among the members, who is the pickiest when it comes to men?" In response, Chungha answered, "Honestly, don’t we all agree? I think Yeonjung is the pickiest."

Yoo Yeonjung confidently said, "I think we all know each other’s tastes pretty well. If I say it, it’ll probably be exactly right." She continued, "Somi likes guys with a bad-boy vibe. She likes someone with a flashy style similar to her own. Like someone who dresses a little extravagantly," which made Jeon Somi's face turn red. Seeing this, Shin Dongyup laughed and said, "She’s so innocent. Your face turned red because she described it that accurately?"

Yoo Yeonjung also said, "Yoojung likes someone with a somewhat pretty, delicate face. Chungha likes someone dependable, manly, and quiet. He shouldn't talk too much." Chungha then added, "Yeonjung is extremely detailed," before sharing Yeonjung's ideal type: "First of all, he has to be fair-skinned, tall, really dependable, and kind. He also needs to have puppy-like visuals, and no double eyelids." As Chungha kept listing the long requirements, Jeon Somi and Yoo Yeonjung strongly agreed.

Jeon Somi then remarked, "(Yeonjung) has never dated anyone before." In response, Yoo Yeonjung jokingly replied, "I've been too busy dating my fans."

Yoo Yeonjung also joked, "Even my company told me, ‘You're allowed to date now. It’s rare for someone to have debuted and promoted this long without any rumors at all, so you're okay now.'"

Celebrating their 10th debut anniversary, IOI will release their third mini album, 'I.O.I : LOOP,' today at 6 PM (KST).

Continue reading Jeon Somi, when has she even dated? … IOI members exposed each other’s dating preferences: "Her ideal type is someone with a bad-boy vibe”
, ,

The director of 'Perfect Crown': “I feel sorry toward IU and Byun Wooseok”


SOURCES: '21세기 대군부인' 감독 “아이유·변우석에게 미안하기만 해” (1) 눈물 보인 ‘대군부인’ 감독…“사죄드린다, 배우들에게도 죄송” [인터뷰①] (2)

Director Park Joonhwa, who directed the MBC's 'Perfect Crown' apologized over various controversies including accusations of historical distortion and expressed regret toward the actors as well.

On the 19th, an interview with director Park Joonhwa was held at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul regarding the MBC's 'Perfect Crown.'

Before the interview officially began, director Park Joonhwa started by apologizing. He said, "When we began this drama, I hoped viewers would feel happiness and healing while watching it. Instead, I created a situation that caused discomfort rather than healing. As the representative of the production team, I believe I bear the greatest responsibility without excuse. I apologize."

Director Park Joonhwa also spoke about IU and Byun Wooseok, who recently apologized over the historical distortion controversy. He said, "I feel nothing but sorry to the actors. They worked incredibly hard to bring joy, brightness, and happiness to the viewers. I feel very sorry that they ended up getting hurt and apologizing over things they shouldn't have had to, all because of issues related to historical interpretation and my own immature execution."

He continued, "At the moment when I should have been telling them they worked hard after the final broadcast, all I could feel was apology. When these controversies arose, I wasn't able to manage things more carefully. I was arguably the most experienced person on the team, so I should have thought more deeply and checked every details thoroughly. I keep asking myself why I made those decisions at the time. I also wonder if I was simply too trapped in the initial conceptual setting."

Regarding scenes such as the king wearing a Guryumyeongwan ceremonial crown during the coronation and people shouting 'Cheonse,' he emphasized, "In the end, it was because of my ignorance."

Director Park Joonhwa said, "I should have understood the information more deeply. We had an advisor, and we reviewed the ‘Cheonse’ line together. The advisor was someone with extensive experience advising dramas, and my request was to portray the image of a Joseon dynasty that had never faced events like the Japanese colonial period. I think both of us became trapped in that premise. It feels like we fell into a swamp because we became too focused on portraying a Joseon dynasty that continued into modern times."

He added, "When I said it was my ignorance, I meant that I imagined what a coronation ceremony would look like for a Joseon dynasty that had continued 600 years without hardship. That is why the advisor explained Joseon coronation ceremonies to us. Looking back now, I wonder if it would have been better to portray an independent Korea rather than specifically using the Joseon dynasty setting while telling this story. I apologize."

The 'Perfect Crown' is a romance drama set in a 21st-century constitutional monarchy version of Korea. It tells the story of a wealthy chaebol woman who has everything except noble status and a king’s son who feels empty despite his royal position, as they struggle against class differences and fate.

The drama, which ended on the 16th with a peak viewer ratings of 13.8% faced criticism over its worldbuilding and historical inaccuracies. Controversy broke out when scenes showed Byun Wooseok ascending the throne while wearing the Guryumyeongwan and people shouting 'Cheonse,' a term associate with vassal states, instead of 'Manse,' which symbolizes an independent nation, leading to accusations of historical distortion.

Continue reading The director of 'Perfect Crown': “I feel sorry toward IU and Byun Wooseok”
,

Jang Wonyoung says she barely even lies down at home … “I like organizing, and there are so many chores to do”

SOURCE: 장원영, 집에서도 안 눕네..“정리하는 게 좋아, 집안일 너무 많다”(‘에스콰이어’)

IVE's Jang Wonyoung shared details about her daily routine.

On the 17th, a video featuring Jang Wonyoung was posted on the Youtube channel 'Esquire Korea.'

In the video, Jang Wonyoung talked about her vacation plans for this year, saying, "I just want to stay home and watch dramas and animation. But at the same time, I suddenly want to go to Hawaii too. I also want to go on a Michelin-star restaurant tour."

She added, "Since we're currently on a world tour, I’ll be spending this entire year on tour. I hope I can spend it well with DIVEs without getting hurt."

Regarding snacks she has been enjoying recently, she said, "I’ve moved on from Dubai Chewy Cookies. I still like cakes with Dubai chocolate in it. These days purple is trending, so I’ve been into ube cheesecake."

Jang Wonyoung also mentioned, "Meeting DIVEs from different countries really stays in my memory. It's fascinating and cute how their personality differs by country. When preparing for performances or concerts, the first thing I think about is styling. I recently went to Osaka and put my hair in pigtails. I absolutely loved that styling."

Regarding what she packs in her suitcase, she explained, "I tend to keep my basic essentials packed all the time and just switch out clothes or chargers before leaving."

Talking about her way of taking photos, she said, "I like it when other people take pictures of me. I also really love mirror selfies, so I highly recommend them. Whenever I get my nails done, I make sure the nails show clearly in the photos."

Describing her daily routine, Jang Wonyoung said, "I don't really spend much time lying down. I think it's because I'm usually outside. These days I watch animations I'm really into, eat snacks, and stretch. I like organizing, so I organize things and look through my cosmetics too. When I'm at home, I'm actually very busy. Time passes so quickly. There's just so much to do at home."

Continue reading Jang Wonyoung says she barely even lies down at home … “I like organizing, and there are so many chores to do”
, ,

MC Mong claims, “THE BOYZ received 16.5 billion KRW in signing bonuses, and Baekhyun’s production costs reached 15 billion KRW"

SOURCE: MC몽 "더보이즈 계약금 165억, 백현 제작비 150억..받은 건 기억 못 해" 주장 [스타이슈]

Singer and producer MC Mong (47, real name Shin Dong-hyun) publicly criticized THE BOYZ.

On the evening of the 18th at 8 PM (KST), MC Mong held a livestream on TikTok, as he had previously announced.

MC Mong is currently in conflict with Cha Gawon, co-founder of One Hundred, and her uncle, construction businessman Cha Junyoung. Explaining why he left the company, MC Mong said, "Cha Gawon and I clashed and fought often because our management styles were different. We had a huge fight in last May, and I was kicked out."

Nevertheless, MC Mong could not hide his anger over artists leaving the agency after his departure.

In particular, MC Mong drew attention by mentioning the recruitment of THE BOYZ, saying, "We gave them 1.5 billion KRW each, for a total signing bonus of 16.5 billion KRW." He added, "That amount was three times more than what their previous agency gave them. After paying 16.5 billion KRW, the production cost for their first album alone was 7 billion KRW."

MC Mong criticized the group by saying, "If THE BOYZ's members each received 1.5 billion KRW, they should repay at least 8 billion KRW before leaving. But they don't even want to pay that back. What kind of nonsense is that?"

Furthermore, he stated, "Baekhyun's first album cost 10 billion KRW, and the second one probably cost around 5 billion KRW," before adding, "I’m also a celebrity and singer, but singers are strange. They only remember what they earned. They don’t remember what they received or how much was spent on them."

Recently, nine members of THE BOYZ, excluding New, claimed they had not received settlement payments and notified the agency of contract termination, while also filing lawsuit against the agency's chairwoman, Cha Gawon, on charges of embezzlement. Last month, THE BOYZ’s side released an official statement, saying, "The court approved our injunction request to suspend the validity of the exclusive contract with One Hundred."

However, One Hundred responded, "We will file an objection appeal as soon as possible." 

Continue reading MC Mong claims, “THE BOYZ received 16.5 billion KRW in signing bonuses, and Baekhyun’s production costs reached 15 billion KRW"
, , , ,

Song Ilkook shares a shocking update on his triplets now entering 8th grade: "They're so sensitive now … The kids I used to know are gone"

SOURCE: 송일국, 삼둥이 '중2' 충격 근황 "너무 예민..내가 알던애들 사라져"(아침마당)

Actor Song Ilkook opened up about the challenges of raising his triplets, who are now in their second year of middle school.

On the episode of KBS2's 'AM Plaza' that aired on the 19th, actors Oh Manseok and Song Ilkook appeared as guests to share their stories.

That day, announcer Eom Ji-in asked, "With three kids and your wife who going to work every day, your mornings must be hectic." Song Ilkook replied, "I usually drop them off. I also drop my wife off at the subway station. She’s probably at work right now," before affectionately adding, "Honey, I’m sorry. Yesterday I even had to drive her all the way to Ilsan because she had training there," showing his caring husband side.

He then gave an update on his triplets: Daehan, Minguk, and Manse, saying, "They're already in their second year of middle school. That scary phase. You never know what they'll do." When asked whether the boys knew he would be appearing on 'AM Plaza,' he revealed, "I was looking through the script yesterday when one of them suddenly came up and said, 'Dad, what are you doing? Don’t talk about me.'"

When asked which of his three sons said it, Song Ilkook nervously replied, "I can’t say. If I do, there'll be chaos once this airs." After hesitating and wondering aloud, "Well, since they're at school, they can't be watching the broadcast, right?" before finally confessing, "It was Minguk."

He continued, "They're all very sensitive these days, but Minguk especially is sensitive. Even when I want to upload photos, I wait until he seems to be in a good mood and ask, 'Can I post this picture?' Then he'll say, 'Ah, yeah yeah.' I have to get permission before posting anything. The kids I used to know are gone, and now there are unfamiliar kids in their place," expressing his bittersweet feelings. 

Continue reading Song Ilkook shares a shocking update on his triplets now entering 8th grade: "They're so sensitive now … The kids I used to know are gone"

Monday, May 18, 2026

Hong Jinkyung tearfully shares a story after her divorce … “I called my ex mother-in-law, but she ended up comforting me instead”

SOURCE: 홍진경, 이혼 후 오열한 사연…"전 시어머니에 전화, 오히려 위로해줘" (소라와 진경)[종합]

Model and entertainer Hong Jinkyung opened up about the emotional moment that made her cry after her divorce.

On the episode of MBC's 'Sora and Jinkyung' that aired on the 17th, Hong Jinkyung personally talked about her divorce.

That day, when Lee Sora mentioned her ex-husband, Hong Jinkyung said, "He's truly a good person. We're completely good friends now. Person to person, he's genuinely a very good friend," revealing that they still maintain a good relationship even after the divorce.

Hearing this, Lee Sora commented, "Isn’t he such a sweet person?" Hong Jinkyung replied, "There’s this cold noodle restaurant we used to visit often. Even after the divorce, the three of us, including Rael, still go there together to eat. We're completely cool with it, but the staff working there get really flustered," sharing a story about their post-divorce relationship.

Hong Jinkyung also shared, "Last Chuseok, I was home alone and reality suddenly hit me. I thought, 'It’s really over now.' So I called my ex mother-in-law just to check in on her, but I suddenly burst into tears. I cried so hard. It was the first time."

She continued calmly, "At that moment, my ex mother-in-law was actually the one comforting me. She told me, 'Jinkyung-ah, it’s okay. In life, all sort of things can happen, and I believe you'll still live well.' She also said, 'You’re Rael’s mother, so you need to stay strong and pull yourself together.' She was the one reassuring me instead," touching viewers emotionally.

In response, Lee Sora said, "There are so many different forms of relationships in this world. It's nice to hear your story," showing her support for Hong Jinkyung.

Meanwhile, Hong Jinkyung married a non-celebrity businessman in 2003, and the couple has a daughter named Rael. She announced their divorce last year

Continue reading Hong Jinkyung tearfully shares a story after her divorce … “I called my ex mother-in-law, but she ended up comforting me instead”